Also known as Vimanmeck Mansion Museum or known under its nickname The Palace in the Clouds, located on Ratchawithi Road behind the National Assembly, is the worlds largest golden teak building. The 3 storey palace contains 81 rooms, halls and ante chambers.
Removed from Ko Si Chang in Chonburi province, it was rebuilt in the Dusit Palace in 1900 by the command of King Rama V. Many rooms currently maintain the atmosphere of the past. A guided tour inside the building is provided to visitors Most of the buildings in the same compound are now used as museums. The outstanding one is Abhisek Dusit Hall, which exhibits H.M. Queen Sirikits collection of handicraft masterpieces created by rural people.
The other displays various items and art objects including H.M. King Bhumibols photography, paraphernalia of rank and portraits, ancient cloth, clocks, and royal carriages.
Kindly be aware that cameras and carrying bags inside the compound and palace are not allowed, as well as a certain dress code is obligatory to visit the palace